En el blog / Search this site

lunes, 22 de septiembre de 2008

Happy Birthday, Leo!

Leonard Cohen turned 74 years old, and he did it on the stage, in Bucharest, yesterday (21st September), and I was lucky enough to be there... A great concert, a long concert (almost 3 hours!): yes, that´s right, he´s 74 years old and can still perform during 3 hours... Looking happy, enjoying what he does, making us, who can´t sing but can listen, to enjoy ourselves too. A lively concert, but also a farewell concert; he´s not a dumb, he knows it well. We are not dumb either, at least not so dumb not to know it too. Thus, for those of you who couldn´t come along, for those of you who would have come along, also for you were meant his last words at the end of the concert: "Thank you for keeping my songs alive all these years".

But hey, maybe you still can go, share some time with Leonard Cohen and his great backup musicians, as the Leonard Cohen World Tour 2008-2009 hasn´t finished yet! He didn´t leave Europe yet! Take your chance! They are still new venues to be added for 2009... But in the meantime, I will share with you some moments of the concert (all my gratitude to the anonymous "You Tubers", in this case drstana...):



Of course, he sang one of my favourites, "First We Take Manhattan". A great singer has always great followers: my Spanish friends will know "Manhattan", from Omega album (Morente/Lagartija Nick), which deserves a wider audience:

Boomp3.com

And although he didn't sing another of my favourites, Boogie Street, I didn't mind that much: maybe I can't sing, but I have learned to hum quietly, and in my heart I always will be back, and back, and back to Boogie Street...

1 comentario:

Anónimo dijo...

Es que Leonard Cohen es grande, se le perdona hasta la payasada esa del monasterio budista.

Y ya que mencionas el Omega, el propio Cohen habla (muy bien) del disco en cuestión.

Un beso...

Be updated (if updated)